While not a comprehensive list, here are some very important points to remember if you find yourself in potential trouble with the law:
- Do not leave illegal contraband in plain sight.
- If your car is stopped, do not consent to a search. Instead, ask the police officer if you are free to leave.
- Be polite and respectful to police officers. Do not argue.
- Exercise your right to remain silent and ask for an attorney immediately.
- If you are arrested, do not physically resist but ask to speak to an attorney immediately.
- If you are arrested, do not answer questions without your lawyer present.
- Do not try to make a deal with the police.
Pratt Law L.L.C.
From offices in downtown Wichita, Kansas, Pratt Law L.L.C. represents clients charged with criminal charges in the Kansas federal courts and state courts throughout Kansas. Contact James R. Pratt to schedule a free initial consultation with a dedicated drug offense attorney.