Protecting Your Rights & Your Freedom
If you are being investigated for possible criminal activity, been contacted by the police or have already been charged with a crime, now more than ever, it is essential to have an experienced and competent criminal defense attorney on your side. Criminal allegations are not always straightforward and the consequences for a conviction can be far reaching and often unexpected.
Courtroom Experience and Practical Advice
When you hire me as your attorney, I take the time to listen to you. Together we go over the facts of your case. I will fully explain what each charge means and what the possible penalties are. We will discuss the potential outcomes and I will offer honest, practical and experienced advice about your best options. As we move forward, I will take a proactive approach to your case and use all of the resources at my disposal to find solutions that will be in your best interest, whether that means working out a plea or going to trial.
I'm criminal defense attorney Jim Pratt, and I provide honest, experienced, and aggressive representation whether you're being investigated by law enforcement or charges have already been filed against you.
Experienced Federal Criminal Lawyer
When charged with a serious crime in Kansas, you will be aggressively prosecuted by the district or county attorney's office. In order to protect your rights, it is imperative to hire an experienced and dedicated criminal defense attorney. When you retain Pratt Law, LLC as your attorney, I will work tirelessly to assemble the best defense possible for you based on the laws and facts of your case. My aim is always to protect your rights, minimize the consequences, and preserve your freedom.
I handle a wide variety of state criminal cases including:
- Federal Drug Crimes: Interstate 70 (I-70), running through Kansas, has become a hotbed for drug trafficking. The police presence on the interstate is stronger than ever. If you have been arrested for any drug crime, learn how my experience can help you.
- State Drug Offenses: Being charged with a state drug offense, be it simple possession of marijuana or possession with intent to sell methamphetamine, is a very serious offense. It can be a frightening experience knowing the possible punishments you face can affect your job, your family and your future. I offer nonjudgmental defense for those who have been charged with a drug offense. There are many ways in which your arrest, or the search performed by the police could have violated your legal rights. I fight vigorously to ensure that your rights are upheld and advocate on your behalf for the best possible outcome.
- Sex Crimes: If you have been charged with a sex crime such as rape or aggravated indecent liberties with a child, you will be facing highly serious and far-reaching consequences if convicted, including sex offender registration. I am very detailed when combing through the facts and evidence of a sex offense case, and use the law to achieve the best possible result for your legal situation. Sex crimes are a very sensitive matter for most people, and I offer discreet legal services to ensure your privacy.
- Violent Crimes: If you are charged with a violent crime in Kansas, whether it is aggravated battery, domestic violence, or some form of homicide, it is very likely you will be facing prison time if convicted. I will fight aggressively to ensure your legal rights were not violated in the investigation, but I am committed to providing honest answers to your tough questions. I do not give false hope or sugarcoat the truth.
- White collar crimes: From wire fraud, mail fraud, food stamp fraud to money laundering, I have extensive experience advocating for clients' rights to obtain the best results for your legal situation.